Friday, March 30, 2012

Fragrance Launch: Aura by Swarovski


Announcing Aura by Swarovski, described as an "incandescent, fruity, floral creation" and created by Jean-Pierre Bethouart and Olivier Cresp.  The fragrance begins sweet, sharp and a bit overwhelming. Rose, lychee and pink pepper conspire to demand all olfactory attention, to the point of making me sneeze.  It reminds me of many I have tested in department stores with pink pepper at the helm; it dominates the other notes.  At this stage, sillage is adequate and it does get noticed, although I have yet to receive a compliment perhaps due to all that pink pepper.  Notoriously, it does not like my skin. 

As the fragrance, to my relief, dries down, a tiny bit of tuberose emerges along with the base notes of amber and white musk.  I would love this stage if I could smell it without the need to press my nose to my wrist.  If these voluptous notes were to headline the fragrance I would be sold!

The bottle is elegant and stunning, refillable and unique.  Set at the top with a Swarovski crystal, I would enjoy displaying it if I fell in love with the juice.  Despite my best effort, I did not. 

Aura by Swarovski, an inaugural fragrance by the company famous for stunning crystal, will be launched April 2012 at Swarovski Boutiques.

I will raffle the 1.7 oz. bottle I have on Monday!

Aura by Swarovski will be available at Swarovski Boutiques in April.  The collection includes Eau de Parfum in 1, 1.7 and 2.6 fl. oz bottles for $65, $80 and $100 respectively.

3 comments:

sing said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carrie Meredith said...

Bah, pink pepper! I can't tell you how tired I am of it. If it's not used judiciously in a creative way, I will pass. I do like the idea of tuberose and amber, you're right, it's too bad they didn't focus enough on it. Gotta overdo it on those top notes to make those dollars! :)

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Carrie Meredith,

Yes. Way too much pink pepper in the top turned me off so strongly I could barely wait for its development. Too bad. I wanted to love it.